Visa regime for foreign citizens
The visa regime for foreign citizens in the Republic of Albania is provided for by Law No. 108/13 “On foreigners” and by the Decision of the Council of Ministers No. 513/13 “On the treatment of foreigners”, amended.
1) Can enter Albania without visa:
a) Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry Schengen visa, which has been previously used in one of the Schengen states, or foreign citizens who have a valid permit of stay in one of the Schengen states;
b) Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry US or UK visa, which has been previously used in the respective country of issuance, or have valid permit of stay in the US or UK.
2) Citizens from Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Qatar, Oman, Russia, China, Thailand and Bahrain can enter the Republic of Albania without the requirement of type “C ” visa (short term stay), for tourism reasons during the official summer season, period 1 April 2018 – 31 October 2018.
3) Long term visa (Type D) is required for all foreign citizens that will stay in Albania for more than 90 days during a six month period (90/180 days) and will apply for a residency permit from the migration office;
4) Attached please find the visa regulation table for foreigners.
5) All foreign citizens from countries that are not included in the table are required to have a visa before traveling to Albania. They can apply for a visa in the Albanian embassy that is geographically closest to their country of origin or residency;
Visa procedures (documents attached as pdf)
1) Issuing of transit and short-term visas (type C);
2) Issuing long term visas (type D);
3) Issuing of aeroportual transit visas (type A);
4) Visa application form;